An antioxidant-rich, soothing facial hydrator for ultra-sensitive skin.
Apply this hydrator before your moisturizer for the redness-reducing benefits of calendula flower, the cooling properties of cucumber, the rich antioxidants of watermelon, and the deep absorbing hydration of vegetable glycerin & soothing hyaluronic acid.
In a nutshell
- Aloe-free and made with the most sensitive skin in mind
- Softens and hydrates skin with cucumber extract
- Reduces inflammation with soothing and calming ingredients
- Improves the state of irritated, stressed skin
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
Our calendula hydrator is for you if you want to calm redness with a lightweight, easily absorbed liquid gel that's packed with hydrating watermelon, cucumber, and calendula.
A combination of healing herbs and hyaluronic acid:
We combined the superhero-level of hydration in hyaluronic acid with the absorption boosting muscle of glycerin (to deliver hydration deep below the surface) to create a powerhouse for thirsty skin.
We even made this hydrator as an alternative for those who are sensitive to aloe (which is the hydrating ingredient in the other hydrators in our lineup).
As you noticed, we mentioned that this hydrator features hyaluronic acid as it’s superhero hydrating ingredient. BUT, don’t let the word acid scare you off!
Hyaluronic acid is one of the gentlest and most beneficial ingredients that Mother Nature has blessed us with. It can absorb 10x the amount of hydration that water alone can and it relieves dehydrated skin (which we know can lead to a whole slew of problems).
Combine hydration with the calming and soothing properties of calendula extract, and you’ve got a supportive skin care product for sensitive skin.
To top off this formula, we’ve added cucumber and watermelon extract. Both of these ingredients are known to help reverse the signs of ageing by improving your complexion and enhancing your natural glow. They also improve the cell regeneration that slows down as we age and delivers antioxidants that block free radicals from damaging your precious skin.
Pairs perfectly with Calendula & Oat Facial Moisturizer:
This hydrator is not only in our calendula line up because of the calendula extract it contains. It’s also in our calendula lineup because it’s been specifically formulated to work with our Calendula and Oat Facial Moisturizer!
Our Calendula Gentle Gel Hydrator makes the perfect base for applying the Calendula and Oat Facial Moisturizer, and in turn, the Calendula and Oats Facial Moisturizer seals in this hydrator beautifully! Sealing in your hydrator is super important so that your skin can absorb those hydrating ingredients and put them to work before they evaporate into the surrounding air. So naturally, this hydrator and the Calendula and Oat Facial Moisturizer make beautifully efficient and beneficial pairing!
The Calendula Gentle Gel Hydrator is a great companion for the other products in our calendula line.
How to Use
- Shake well before each use.
- Start with way less than you think you’ll need. Remember, you can always add more, later. This hydrator is super concentrated and will spread out easily and there’s no rubbing, tugging, or forcing required.
- Apply while your skin is still slightly damp from the shower or from washing your face (not SOAKING. If you JUST washed your face, pat lightly with a soft towel- no rubbing!)
- Follow up with a serum if you’re using one, and then top off with your moisturizer. There’s no need to let the Calendula Gentle Gel Hydrator completely absorb before applying your moisturizer. If it hasn’t absorbed completely, it will help move your moisturizer around more easily.
- Give everything (the hydrator, serum, and moisturizer combo) time to absorb. You may notice that it takes a little extra time for your moisturizer to absorb and that’s ok! This type of deep restorative work for your skin can’t be rushed.
Full Ingredients List
Deionized Water, Sodium Hyaluronate HMW, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerine (Vegetable), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil & Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Extract
Calendula Extract: This plant extract is derived from the marigold family and is known in skincare for its ability to be a strong anti-inflammatory thanks to the rich flavonoids this plant is packed with. The combination of oils and acids in this extract are also famous for being fantastic antibacterial support for the skin, keeping acne causing bacteria and others at bay.
Cucumber Extract: This extract is known for its ability to help reduce the appearance of age spots and restore a natural glow. Full of antioxidants, it protects against further free radical damage, which is a major player in the aging of our skin. Cucumber extract is also a natural antiseptic and is known for soothing inflammation below the skin’s surface.
Hyaluronic Acid: Known as the Kingpin of hydrators, this ingredient’s superpower (especially when boosted with glycerin, which of course, we did) comes from its unique ability to keep moisture IN your skin. This is an extra special component for those with dry skin AND/OR oily skin as oily skin often occurs when the skin is craving water.
- Watermelon Extract: This extract provides ageing skin with some much-needed relief and support. It delivers moisture to skin that is depleted over time and boosts cell regeneration to help slow down the signs of ageing. While Vitamin C helps restore a more youthful complexion, the antioxidants in this extract also relieve redness.
- Glycerin: Derived from certified sustainable palm / GMO-free
- Size: 1.8 oz / 52 g
- Packaged in a glass jar with a glass tube dropper