Non-whitening, clear zinc protection helps filter harmful UV rays without irritating sensitive skin or causing clogged pores.
Non-greasy and hydrating, Summer Shade Day Cream is a vitamin E infused daytime facial lotion with invisible sun protection and antioxidant-rich botanicals.
- Aloe vera - for cooling, vitamin-rich hydration
- Sea buckthorn - for protection against redness, inflammation, and excess oil
- Pomegranate - for neutralizing acne-causing bacteria and calming irritated skin
- Argan - for a skin-softening shield against damage, dark spots, and fine lines
If you already have a skincare routine you love but want to quickly add in 20% zinc UV protection, Summer Shade Day Cream can be seamlessly applied over top of your current face cream or tinted moisturizer. It’s also an alternative to our Calendula & Oat moisturizer for those looking for mineral protection in a smoother and completely translucent application.
In a nutshell:
- Provides translucent mineral-based UV protection
- Non-greasy and lightweight
- Hydrating and glides effortlessly across the skin
- Safe for sensitive skin, oily, and acne-prone skin
- Won’t dry out dry or dehydrated skin
- Can be applied overtop of your current skincare routine
- Antioxidant-rich fruit extracts
- Unscented, fragrance-free and essential oil-free.
- Made with clean, kind ingredients
Zinc: Skin-Protecting and Oil Balancing
While all of our facial moisturizers contain either zinc or titanium dioxide (to help fight free radicals by blocking UV rays), zinc makes up 20% of the ingredients in this daily non-greasy day cream. That's the equivalent to many natural sunscreens on the market (though please see the "additional info" section on this page for information on being sun safe)!
Zinc also adds to the inflammation-reducing properties of this moisturizer and helps lock moisture in where it's needed most!
Constantly battling oily skin? Zinc also contains excellent mattifying properties that provide oil control support throughout the day.
Potent Plant Antioxidants
To increase the level of potent skin-supporting antioxidants, we’ve blended in sea buckthorn oil, pomegranate oil, and argan oil.
Sea buckthorn oil - packed with omega fatty acids, sea buckthorn helps provide a potent dose of vitamins and antioxidants to the skin. Balancing lipids helps clear up imbalances in the skin while reducing redness, fighting acne, and diminishing puffiness.
Pomegranate oil - packed with vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants, non-comedogenic pomegranate oil helps prevent cellular damage, reduce inflammation, and aid in skin repair (especially for acne and eczema prone skin). Pomegranate also helps to keep the skin hydrated by preventing moisture loss thanks to its ability to fortify the skin’s natural moisture-loss barrier. This fortifying action also helps keep our skin calm by keeping out irritants.
Argan oil - vitamin-e rich argan oil helps keep the skin calm with soothing, antioxidant prosperities. Deeply nourishing and excellent at defending the skin against environmental damage, argan oil helps protect the skin from free radical damage from the sun and hyperpigmentation. Argan oil also helps promote soft, smooth skin and a calmer complexion.
A face lotion for summer days or hot, humid weather wouldn’t be complete without cooling hydration so we’ve included aloe vera and vegetable glycerin to keep your skin cool, calm, and completely hydrated.
Aloe vera - packed with anti-inflammatory benefits, aloe vera provides cooling hydrating to the skin along with antioxidants, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and amino acids. Its unique botanical composition allows the skin to absorb beneficial skin vitamins like vitamin A, C, E, and B12 in a soothing, healing, skin-supporting blend of hydration.
Glycerin (vegetable) - we’ve included glycerin to refresh and soften the skin while providing hydration for combatting the drying and dehydrating effects of hot, humid weather. The hydrating benefits of glycerin also work well during the cold months when indoor heating dries out the air and creates a dehydrating effect on our skin. Glycerin helps carry beneficial vitamins and nutrients to where our skin needs them most while helping to strengthen our skin’s natural moisture barrier.
How to Use
- Cleanse skin and apply any other hydrators, serums, mists, and moisturizers.
- After other skincare products have been absorbed fully (typically 2-3 minutes), apply Summer Shade Day Cream like a facial lotion.
- Be sure to spread an even layer over your face.
To get the best protection, apply the day cream by working in small sections until you’ve covered your whole face.
Start with a pea to dime-size amount and continue applying until you’ve covered your whole face. Rub briefly between the palms of your hands and blot it over your face. Then spread the cream evenly over your skin.
While it doesn’t take much pressure or rubbing to apply, be sure that you’ve covered each area of your face well.
Wait for the day cream to absorb before applying any makeup (a minimum of 5 minutes).
Practice sun safety by sticking to the shade when you can, wearing protective clothing, and reapply UV protection every 2 hours of exposure and immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
FULL INGREDIENT LIST:
Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Organic Glycerin (Vegetable), Organic Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Organic Arganian Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Tocobiol.
- Caprylic Capric Triglyceride: a naturally derived plant-based fatty acid from coconut that’s light in texture that makes the skin feel soft and smooth.
- Cetearyl Olivate: a naturally derived plant-based fatty acid from olive oil that’s light in texture and helps this day cream glide across the skin.
- Sorbitan Olivate: a naturally derived plant-based fatty acid from olive oil that helps blend ingredients together.
- Glyceryl Caprylate: a naturally derived plant-based antimicrobial ingredient that helps blend ingredients together while moisturizing the skin.
- Cetyl Alcohol: Don’t let the word “alcohol” fool you. This isn’t a drying alcohol like you’ll find in traditional or poorly formulated skincare products! Cetyl Alcohol a plant-based fatty alcohol that makes the skin feel smooth and soft (and won’t ever dry out your skin!)
- Glyceryl Undecylenate: Plant-based ester of glycerin with antimicrobial activity that helps blend ingredients together.
- Phenethyl Alcohol: A food grade, non-drying alcohol that we use as part of the preservative system to keep the formula safe. The EWG skin deep database (which assesses ingredient safety) has given this ingredient a score of 1 (the lower the score, the safer the ingredient).
- Microcrystalline Cellulose: a naturally derived plant-based stabilizing ingredient to help keep this formula perfectly blended while gliding easily across the skin.
- Polyhydroxystearic Acid: A natural, plant-based wax derived from castor oil. This ingredient is commonly used in natural sunscreen formulas to help spread the minerals out for even, effective protection against the sun’s rays. The EWG skin deep database (which assesses ingredient safety) has given this ingredient a score of 1 (the lower the score, the safer the ingredient).
- Cellulose Gum and Xanthan Gum - naturally derived plant-based gums that provide stability and just the right texture for an easily applied day cream.
- Size: 30 g / 1 oz
- Packaged in a glass bottle
Wondering about SPF?
This product has not been approved by any regulatory boards as a sunscreen as each and every batch requires independent lab testing for that certification; since we make our products in small batches, this isn’t feasible for us at this time. While this formula was tested during its development for an approximate SPF (sun protective factor) of 30, we can’t make any claims about the SPF level of this product. Grounded Sage Skincare will not be held responsible in any way for the results of misuse or misunderstanding of this product. Please practice sun safety and protect your skin with an adequate level of multifaceted protection that’s right for you.