A deeply nourishing, moisture-rich, creamy facial cleanser for mature, dry, or easily dehydrated skin.
Camellia, a deeply nourishing, antioxidant-rich plant oil, is a luscious emollient for our skin. Emollient ingredients have a softening, soothing effect while preventing water loss. When the skin holds on to hydration, it stays comfortable, calm, and nourished.
Camellia seed oil has been infused in this cleanser to improve skin’s suppleness and moisture levels and relieve the symptoms of dry skin. High levels of anti-aging oleic acid (omega 9), moisture-boosting linoleic acid (omega 6), emollient (barrier supporting) squalene, protective vitamin E, and fine line minimizing vitamin A are all delivered to the skin through this cleanser thanks to the addition of camellia seed oil.
When weather-stressed (hello, Canadian winters, gusting country winds, and fluctuating humidity) have made your skin feel uncomfortable, flaky, or tight, Emollient Facial Cleanser will go the extra mile to deliver moisture to your skin.
When signs of damage crop up (like irritation, redness, and sensitivity), swiftly protect and soothe your skin to prevent premature signs of aging. The first ingredient in this cleanser, hydrating aloe vera, works hard to calm the skin down fast and combat free radicals with its anti-inflammatory, skin-supporting properties.
Aloe vera is an antioxidant that helps slow the skin's aging appearance while improving collagen production and skin elasticity. Moisturizing, soothing, and softening, the large dose of aloe vera in this cleanser will infuse your skin with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants to keep it supported and nourished.
We’ve also included witch hazel in our Emollient Facial Cleanser formula. Witch hazel contains polyphenol, which protects our skin against UV damage. Witch hazel is a natural anti-inflammatory, making it great for soothing skin irritations.
Emollient Facial Cleanser blends several floral hydrosols for even more mature skin-supporting benefits. Floral hydrosols (also known as flower waters) contain the essence of a plant but in a milder, more tolerable form than essential oils for sensitive skin. The botanical blend in Emollient Facial Cleanser contains
- Matricaria (chamomile) - a potent anti-inflammatory, chamomile hydrosol soothes sensitive skin, reduces redness, and fights oxidative stress (a key to anti-aging skincare). Oxidative stress is linked to fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other signs of aging. Polyphenols and phytochemicals, antioxidants contained within chamomile, ward off free radical damage.
- Sage - provides natural balancing, comforting, and cleansing properties that don’t disrupt the skin’s delicate pH balance.
- Lavender - relieves itching, hydrates skin for a naturally plumped look, soothes sunburn/wind damage (an excellent skin soother), antiseptic, antifungal, and contains natural anti-inflammatory components that reduce redness. Phenolic (antioxidants) compounds in lavender hydrosol protect the skin against free radicals.
How to Use: Wet face with water. Avoid hot water, as this will dry out your skin. Opt for lukewarm water instead. Massage the cleanser around your face in circular motions. The optimal time to cleanse your face is roughly 1 minute. Rise off with water and pat dry with a clean facial towel.
Full Ingredient List:
* Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Water And * Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf And * Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower And * Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf And * Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Decylglucoside, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer, * Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Citric Acid, * Glycerine.
* Organic Ingredient
- Size: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Packaging: Glass jar with a metal lid
- please don't bring glass into the shower with you!