Our Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Mask is for you if you’re looking to support your skin in a big way without compromising on gentle, clean ingredients!
This mask helps ease the transition into a new season, which is when our skin can act up the most - especially for reactive skin types like those prone to acne and rosacea. In fact, this mask addresses the surface level causes of congestion and irritation while preparing our skin deep down for a seasonal shift.
Keeping our skin strong and balanced with nourishing topical ingredients helps our skin maintain good health, reduce the chance of future irritation, and fade any current redness, hyperpigmentation, and inflammation.
In a nutshell:
- Use as a mask or an overnight treatment
- Super easy to use and requires next to no time commitment
- Gentle and deep cleaning (great for congested skin!)
- Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients for the skin
- Supports the skin’s microbiome with probiotics
- Soothing and calming for skin that needs a break
- Repairs and fortifies this skin
- No messy application or clean up
- Non-greasy, creamy feel
- No added fragrance, scents, or essential oils
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
What makes this mask so special? The ingredients of course!
Pumpkin may just be your new best friend!
Not only does this mask provide lipid barrier support (more on that soon), it also contains pumpkin enzymes - the gentlest AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) available.
In fact, pumpkin enzyme is so gentle that it could be compared to glycerin on the skin-loving scale!
So if you’ve wanted to experience the congestion-busting, deep cleaning benefits of fruit enzymes but your skin is too sensitive or reactive for pineapple, orange, or lemon AHAs, pumpkin may just be your new best friend!
Could your skin use boost in keeping it balanced, healthy and radiant? If so, that’s where our the probiotics and lipid repair ingredients come in!
Yup, I said probiotics!
You’ve probably heard about “good bacteria,” aka probiotics.
This mask contains Lactobacillus, the most common probiotic found in food. However, it has fantastic benefits for the skin as well.
Probiotics (such as lactobacillus) help support our skin’s microbiome (aka the microflora that lives on the surface of our skin).
You see, keeping our skin’s microbiome balanced (aka having enough good bacteria) is precisely where probiotics come in by giving the microbiome a boost of good bacteria!
Not only do probiotics themselves help create balance, but what they break down into to help out our skin. In fact, they break down into incredibly beneficial substances such as hyaluronic acid (you might know this fantastic ingredient from our Calendula Gentle Gel Hydrator), peptides, and vitamins.
A straight-forward support system for your skin:
If supporting the microflora on your skin wasn’t enough, we’ve also packed this mask with mother nature’s best ingredients for supporting and repairing our lipid barrier!
Our lipid barrier is our skin’s natural moisture barrier that, when healthy and robust…
- keeps our microflora happy, provides our skin from environmental stressors (for example harsh temperatures, whipping winds, and changes in humidity)
- ensures that our skin can hold on to hydration (which reduces congestion, helps our skin feel more comfortable, soft and smooth, and keeps our skin form kicking oil production into high gear)
- Reduces triggers for redness and sensitivity (a must for sensitive or reactive prone skin like rosacea and acne skin types)
The lipid barrier repairing and supporting ingredients in this mask include avocado oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower seed oil, calendula oil, and sea buckthorn oil.
Each of these oils is packed with vitamins, nutrients and barrier repairing fatty acids.
Combined, they provide the skin with vitamins A, B1, B2, B complex, D, E, and beta-carotene (which is excellent at providing your skin with a radiant glow).
Calming congestion relief:
If you know how rough it can be to try out a new mask only to have your skin react with a breakout or irritation, we’ve created this mask for you!
How did we do that?
We made our Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Mask to be restorative (aka a reset for the skin) as well as address the common causes of mask-induced-breakouts.
This mask contains plant-based oils that are compatible with congestion prone skin including a helpful dose of sea buckthorn oil.
Sea buckthorn oil is known to:
- Soothe acne (as well as reduce the chance of future breakouts thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties)
- Thin out other oils (thanks to a high level of linoleic acid) which is a huge bonus for congestion prone skin!
- Calm the skin down while providing a big dose of nutrients that aid in the repair of damaged skin cells.
As easy as moisturizing!
If you know you’d like to be supporting your skin more often but find yourself forgetting about doing a facial mask (or when you do remember, don’t actually have the time or energy to “do a mask” - we've all been there!), then you're going to love this mask!
We’ve made the application of this mask low maintenance, straight-forward, and fool-proof!
"I am always a bit tentative to try new products because of sensitive skin, but took a chance with this mask instead of my usual routine... best decision ever! This mask was perfect for my dry, acne-prone skin. I used it overnight, and woke up with the most beautiful, glowing skin! No makeup required, and the perfect simple self-care. LOVE!" - Shyenne
How to Use
You literally can’t use this mask wrong! Apply it in a thin layer before bed to let it work its magic overnight (it can be applied right over top of your other skin care products).
Or, if “mask and relax” is more your style, apply it to a freshly washed face in a thicker layer then let it work it’s magic while your soak in the tub, read a good book, or catch up on Netflix!
- Just be sure to apply to freshly cleansed skin OR on top of your other skin care products after washing your face. The key is to wash your face whether you’re applying other products first (like a hydrator and/or moisturizer) or whether you’ll be applying the mask right after cleansing.
- Besides the above caveat, apply the mask any time and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes. The ingredients will start to absorb right away.
- If while wearing the mask, the ingredients fully absorb into your skin, feel free to skip washing it off! The ingredients are that gentle and that beneficial!
- This mask can be applied before bed and left on over tonight. If used this way, gently rub the mask in until the ingredients absorb into your skin. Then wash your face in the morning and go about your usual skincare routine.
- If you’d prefer to apply this mask without rubbing it in or leaving it on for an extended period of time, simply wash your face, then apply the mask (a thin layer is all that’s needed, but use thickness that feels comfortable for your skin), and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a hydrator and a moisturizer.
Aloe Vera: A super hydrator known for its abilities to balance and regenerate skin. It also contains shaman-like healing properties that aid in the calming and healing of acne and irritated/sensitive skin.
Avocado Oil: This moisture-rich fruit oil penetrates deep below the skin’s surface to the lower levels. It’s plentiful in fatty acids that help improve and smooth skin texture by providing hydration and moisture that we lose with age. The antioxidants found in avocado oil can support the elimination and protection against free radicals.
Grapeseed Oil: There’s a good reason as to why this fruit oil had been used for centuries to address skin ailments! Grape seed oil is the perfect thickness for skin application, and as such, is commonly used as the base for many naturally-based products. Polyphenols also make this an excellent choice for treating acne. As added benefits, grape seed oils also contain healthy amounts of vitamin C, D, & E to brighten and smooth out your complexion.
Pumpkin Extract: It seems like the world is full of 'pumpkin spice' everything, but is it in your skincare too? If not, it should be! Not only does this oil deliver a healthy dose of vitamins and antioxidants like zinc, vitamin B and so much more, it also boosts collagen production to fight signs of aging and provides inflammation relief to keep your skin calm and clear. If that wasn't enough, the essential fatty acids that can be found in pumpkin extract help restore and build your lipid barrier to protect it from outside factors. This one really is a one-stop shop for many skin conditions and challenges.
Sunflower Oil: Not only is this oil fantastic for cooking with, but it also has heaps of benefits for skin too! Because it contains a tonne of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and other anti-oxidants. It helps to neutralize free radicals and is lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin to restore moisture. The fatty acids are great for helping improve skin tone and texture as well.
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin from damaging toxins and free radicals from pollution, drugs, or UV light (the sun). Vitamin E also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also plays a huge role in many of my products because it helps keep ingredients from being oxidized and turning rancid.
Full Ingredients List
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (and) Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (and) Stearic Acid (and) Emulsifying Wax NF (and) Glycerin (and) Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Oats (and) Tocopherol (Vitamin E) (and) Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol & Sorbic Acid, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Mica, Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract
- Stearic Acid - Plant-based fatty acid
- Vitamin E - Soy-derived
- Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract - Salicylate-free / Contains coconut extract- not the same as coconut oil
- Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol & Sorbic Acid: globally approved broad spectrum preservation without parabens or formaldehyde
- Size: 1.2 oz / 35 g
- Packaged in a frosted glass jar (re-useable/recyclable)