Seeing red? We can help with that. Whether it's rosacea, ultra-sensitive skin or inflammation from acne breakouts, this hydrating moisturize is enriched with soothing ingredients that calm redness by drawing on the anti-inflammatory properties of pure plant extracts.
We've also included 20% zinc in this moisturizer for daily UV protection.
In a nutshell
- Zinc provides mineral-based daily UV protection
- Made for those with extra sensitive skin
- Provides mattifying oil control
- Infused with calming oats and soothing plant extracts
- Non-greasy, rich formula
- Nourishes and feeds the skin with antioxidants and barrier-repairing lipids
- Free of fragrance and essential oils
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
Rich in healing herbs and botanicals for those dealing with acne breakouts, rosacea flareups and sensitive skin, this nourishing moisturizer focuses on traditional medicinal plants that are known for their ability to reduce inflammation and support the skin's healing process including,
- Calendula - a sunny little flower that makes the perfect "first aid" botanical as it's soothing to irritated, damaged, and injured skin, comforts and calms itchy skin, and relieves redness quickly.
- Rose - the pretty petals from this romantic botanical infuse cooling, antiseptic, and redness-reducing flower power into this moisturizer.
- Cucumber - a soothing, cooling, water-rich vegetable that takes the heat out of sore, red skin.
- Oats - a deep healing whole grain for the skin, oats help soothe itchy, inflamed skin while providing antioxidant nourishment for depleted skin.
- Pumpkin - a barrier-repairing, vitamin-rich vegetable that supports sensitive skin with a dose of essential fatty acids.
Zinc: Skin-Protecting and Oil Balancing
While all of our facial moisturizers contain either zinc or titanium dioxide (to help fight free radicals by blocking UV rays), zinc makes up 20% of the ingredients in this daily non-greasy moisturizer. That's the equivalent to many natural sunscreens on the market (though please see the "additional info" section on this page for information on being sun safe)!
Zinc also adds to the inflammation-reducing properties of this moisturizer and helps lock moisture in where it's needed most!
Constantly battling oily skin? Zinc also contains excellent mattifying properties that provide oil control support throughout the day.
Potent Plant Antioxidants
To increase the level of potent skin-supporting antioxidants, we also blended in sunflower oil and turmeric into this hydrating face cream.
Non-comedogenic (non-pore-clogging) sunflower oil provides the skin with the lipid building blocks it needs to repair its natural barrier - this barrier keeps irritants from causing further redness and sensitivity. Supporting and fortifying this barrier is essential for reducing and preventing redness. Once absorbed, sunflower oil delivers moisture deep below the skin's surface, along with vitamin E and A.
Turmeric has been used for centuries to reduce the effects of rosacea and other inflammatory conditions while feeding the skin a rich source of potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, and vitamin C.
How to Use
- Cleanse your skin.
- Apply your hydrator, plus any other routine booster products (i.e. serums/mists/etc.)
- Start by applying a nickel-sized amount of moisturizer to the whole face. A little goes a long way with this rich moisturizer, so start light and add more as needed. Due to the zinc content of this moisturizer, it’s best to apply it while your hydrator has not fully absorbed. This will make this mattifying moisturizer easier to spread.
- You can alternatively add a few drops of your favourite serum or hydrator and mix them with the moisturizer in your palm before application.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well. This area is often forgotten and can show our age if we aren’t taking proper care of it.
- Allow moisturizer to absorb before moving on to applying your foundation. If using mineral foundation, allow to fully absorb for a minimum of 5 mins. Cream foundations can be applied once the majority has been absorbed in the first few minutes.
Calendula Extract: This plant extract is derived from the marigold family and is known in skincare for its ability to be a strong anti-inflammatory thanks to the rich flavonoids this plant is packed with. The combination of oils and acids in this extract is also famous for being fantastic antibacterial support for the skin, keeping acne-causing bacteria and others at bay.
Cucumber Extract: This extract is known for its ability to help reduce the appearance of age spots and restore a natural glow. Full of antioxidants, it protects against further free radical damage, which is a major player in the aging of our skin. Cucumber extract is also a natural antiseptic and is known for soothing inflammation below the skin’s surface.
Jojoba Oil: This moisturizer is like a second skin…. Literally. Jojoba oil is like our natural sebum’s identical twin and helps replenish the essential fatty acids needed to repair and protect our lipid barrier.
Oat Flour (gluten-free): Oat flour is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe itchy and inflamed skin. The beta-glucan found in oats helps create a protective moisture barrier for the skin and delivers deep penetrating moisture to dry and depleted skin. It’s also believed to improve the tone and texture of your skin, leaving it feeling velvety soft.
Sunflower Oil: Not only is this oil fantastic for cooking with, but it also has heaps of benefits for the skin too! Because it contains a tonne of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants. It helps to neutralize free radicals and is lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin to restore moisture. The fatty acids are great for helping improve skin tone and texture as well.
Turmeric: Most of think of this spice as adding flavour to our favourite dishes, but turmeric has been used for centuries in beauty because of its benefits for the skin. When used topically, it has shown major gains in improving inflammation, especially for those who suffer from rosacea. On top of that, turmeric contains curcumin which provides antioxidant properties that can help with hyperpigmentation.
- Zinc: This mineral contains a tonne of benefits for the skin, including broad-spectrum protection, anti-inflammatory properties, speed-up healing and more. It's especially great for those who suffer from acne as it's a fantastic antibacterial, helps to regulate sebum/oil production, and aids in reducing redness caused by bacterial infections.
Full ingredient list:
Aqua (Water) infused with Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract & Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract & Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Petal Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Sorbitan Olivate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Argania Spinsosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Xanthan Gum
- Zinc: Approximately 20%
- Oat Kernel Flour: gluten-free
- Polyhydroxystearic Acid: Vegan-sourced stearic acid / Suspending agent
- Size: 1.8 oz / 50 g
- Packaged in a tinted glass jar
- Be sun safe! This product is not a sunscreen. While zinc helps block UV rays, and we love this moisturizer as a sun smart daily moisturizer, this product has not been tested for SPF. If the activities you have planned for the day means that being sun safe includes applying sunscreen to your body, be sure to also layer on a mineral sunscreen over top of this product.