Acne-prone skin needs a lot of support.
It requires the basic features of an effective moisturizer, like replenishing the skin's protective lipid barrier and retaining hydration, but it also needs a moisturizer that will work extra hard to calm inflammation, deliver powerful antioxidants, combat congestion, and block harmful bacteria from rapidly multiplying - all without irritating, stripping, or damaging skin in the process.
Irritation, redness, and breakouts are all signs of inflammation which is the first step in the formation of acne. Bacteria and sticky sebum (oil) happen after inflammation is triggered.
Without stopping inflammation in its tracks before it damages sebum (the skin's natural oil), making it sticky, and resulting in clogged pores, it's almost impossible to combat acne effectively.
This daily moisturizer keeps your skin calm while delivering active ingredients without the sting typically associated with acne-fighting formulas.
Here's how it works:
A beneficial blend of tropical fruit extracts (including star fruit) delivers a potent dose of antioxidants (including vitamin C) to buffer sebum (and the skin) against the oxidative damage that creates sticky sebum (sticky sebum is a significant cause of clogged pores).
Anti-inflammatory aloe vera helps soothe irritation and redness and reduce overall surface level inflammation, which inflammation must address to stop the formation of new breakouts.
Matricaria flower extract from the Chamomilla Recutita plant neutralizes skin irritants and soothes any skin sensitivity not addressed by the aloe vera. This two-pong approach encourages the skin to heal faster and calm down quicker.
Passion fruit extract, rich in lycopene (a powerful antioxidant), supports the skin's ability to repair damage from current breakouts, boost collagen production, and improve skin texture.
After the above ingredients calm, soothe, and correct the direction of acne formation, hyaluronic acid hydrates skin with multi-depth hydration, making skin feel more comfortable, plump, and smooth.
Jojoba oil, the closest plant-based oil to our sebum, moisturizers without clogging pores or contributing to pore congestion. It provides vital building blocks for damaged sebum to protect the skin without feeling greasy. It also helps control bacteria by attracting certain harmful bacteria and fungal species (like candida) and neutralizes them with its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Mango butter removes the worry of moisturizing for acne-prone skin types by supporting jojoba's bacterial banishing benefits with its antibacterial properties. Mango butter is a lightweight, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) plant-based super ingredient that balances oil by signalling the skin to slow down sebum production.
Moisturizing with the right ingredients is a missing piece for so many acne-prone skin types. It's common to see routines that continue to strip the skin with harsh ingredients, falsely thinking that removing oil will solve the complex process of acne formation. Routines that skip supporting the lipid barrier in any significant way, which only results in the skin producing more oil to protect itself, are also really common.
This moisturizer solves those common missteps and sets your skin up for getting and staying clear.
- Doesn't leave skin feeling greasy
- Is the "missing link" moisturizer for those who find their skin can be prone to moisture loss yet is also acne-prone
- Absorbs quickly and deeply into the skin's layers
- Helps combination skin find balance
- Mild bacteria-fighting properties (Super important when fighting acne)
- Soothes and calms skin naturally
- No fragrance oil or harsh perfumes.
- No mineral oil, silicones, or pore-clogging ingredients
- Provides support to the skin's lipid barrier (and therefore reduces redness and irritation caused by a weak protective barrier)
- Provides anti-inflammatory support (which also soothes irritation and helps stop acne in its tracks)
- Reduces skin’s exposure to the elements and pollution
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
How to Use: After cleansing and applying a hydrator, start by applying a nickel-sized amount of moisturizer to the whole face. A little goes a long way, so start light and add more as needed. Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well. Allow the moisturizer to absorb before applying makeup (if applicable).
Full Ingredient List:
* Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, * Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Averrhoa Carambola (Start Fruit) Fruit Extract & Passiflora Incarnata (Passion Fruit) Fruit Extract & Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract & Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Extract & Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract & Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract & Litchi Chinensis (Lychee) Fruit Extract & Zizyphus Jujuba (Jujube) Fruit Extract & Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Hyaluronic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocobiol Sf, Phenethyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Undecylenate, * Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract.
* organic ingredient
- Size: 50 ml
- Packaging: Amber glass jar